Complaints Procedure

There may be times when a client feels that we have not achieved our normal high standards. It is important to us that we know if a client feels this has happened and that they have a way of  letting us know so we can take steps to remedy it.

We are committed to providing a constantly high quality of service to our clients and to handling your work with professional skill, care and attention. If, however, you are not happy with any aspect of our service, or our bill, please speak in the first instance to the individual with overall responsibility for your matter.  If that does not resolve the matter to your satisfaction or you would prefer to speak to someone else, please contact Ellen Jackson, our Operations Manager, whose contact details are;

01663 743344


Or by post:
21-23 Union Road, New Mills, High Peak SK22 3EL.

She will investigate the complaint or arrange for a person who has not handled the case to investigate the complaint and a response will be made to you as soon as practicable.

We have a formal written complaints procedure, a copy of which you can download here. We will endeavour to deal with any complaint as soon as practicable. If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction within eight weeks of receiving full details of your complaint, you may have the right to refer the issue to the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ or by email to

Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint or within six years of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or if outside of this period, within three years of when you should reasonably have been aware of it). The act or omission, or when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint, must have been after 5 October 2010.
Please note that the Legal Ombudsman may consider complaints from prospective clients in certain circumstances but may decline to deal with complaints from certain types of clients.

You may have a right to object to our bill by making a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman and/or by applying to the court for an assessment of the bill under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. If you apply to the court, the Legal Ombudsman may decide not to deal with a complaint about the bill. If all or part of our bill remains unpaid we shall be entitled to charge interest in accordance with paragraph 6.4 of our terms of business.