Our Legal Team
Partner and Head of Corporate and Commercial
Partner and Head of Corporate & Commercial Department
The Corporate & Commercial team are listed in the Legal 500, and in the 2017 edition Tony is described as ‘extremely diligent and professional, and is always on hand to respond to queries’
• Acquisitions and disposals of companies and businesses
• Joint ventures
• Private equity investments
• Shareholders agreements
• Supply, distribution, agency and licensing agreements
I have specialised in corporate and commercial work for more than 25 years, including more than 20 years as a partner. Having been a partner at two city centre law firms prior to joining Chafes Hague Lambert, I have extensive experience of advising clients on many corporate transactions and drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements.
My clients range from SMEs and private family companies to public companies and cover a broad range of sectors including clothing, food, fulfilment and distribution, freight and logistics, manufacturing and numerous service industries.
Understanding a client’s business is key to providing pragmatic and commercially relevant advice and my hands-on approach has resulted in many long-standing client relationships.
• Acting on multi-million pound sale of a marketing collateral fulfilment company to a FTSE 100 PLC
• Acting for an online technology company on three rounds of private equity investment
• Advising a well known lifestyle clothing company on its worldwide distribution and licensing agreements
• Acting for a family owned agricultural business on group reorganisation and long term energy services agreements
Professional memberships: Law Society
My top tip: When considering a corporate transaction, always take advice at an early stage of the negotiations