Our Legal Team
- Software development contracts
- Intellectual property protection and licensing, including copyright, trade marks, design rights and patents
- Technology contracts
- Data protection
I provide straightforward, practical legal advice focussing on intellectual property, software and technology. Having spent several years as an in-house solicitor for a software development PLC I understand the issues from the client’s perspective and use this in-house experience to provide tailored solutions that meet the client’s needs and are integrated with their overall business requirements.
I am able to assist businesses with all aspects of software development contracts as well as licensing, support and maintenance. I also advise on protecting and exploiting intellectual property.
In addition, I can carry out several types of audits including data protection, internet policies and website to help businesses ensure they are compliant with current legislation.
- Bidding and negotiating contracts with a major broadcaster for the provision of interactive digital content
- Negotiating contracts for interactive content to a major book publisher
- Contracts for the development and licensing of virtual learning environments
- Successfully advising clients on copyright infringement, achieving an attractive settlement and avoiding litigation
Professional memberships: Law Society
My top tip: Always challenge assumptions.