Our Legal Team
Lasting powers of Attorney
Probate and Estate Admin
Managing Partner and Head of Wills and Inheritance Planning
Managing Partner and Head of Wills and Inheritance Planning, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Probate, Trusts and Agriculture
- Inheritance planning
- Tax mitigation
- Asset protection
I am a the Managing Partner and Head of the Wills and Inheritance Planning, Trusts, Probate, Lasting Powers of Attorney and our Agricultural Departments.
I guide clients on the most appropriate and secure way to prepare their inheritance planning strategy bearing in mind opportunities to minimise tax payable and maximise asset protection.
I also assist clients during the often complex process of dealing with a family member’s estate, ensuring that matters are dealt with quickly and comprehensively and with an eye to obtaining any present and future available tax saving opportunities.
- Asset protection in lifetime – Through careful planning, I helped a parent protect significant family money that was for their adult child from becoming an asset in that child’s subsequent divorce.
- Tax savings in death – By keeping a watchful eye on tax saving opportunities, I saved a family over £145,000 in inheritance tax following the close deaths of two relatives.
- Making a useless trust useful again – Approached by a family member who needed money from a trust where the sole trust controller had lost capacity to make their own decisions, I was able to convince the court to appoint a new trustee in an expedited and cost efficient manner.
- Member of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association
My top tip:
- Keep it simple wherever possible.