Our Legal Team
Head of Commercial Property
The Commercial Property team are listed in the Legal 500, and the team is described as ‘always trying to find the best route to solve a problem’ and as having a ‘demonstration of knowledge and business acumen that is first rate’.
- All types of transactional commercial property
- Commercial landlord and tenant matters
- Residential development
- Distressed property and real estate restructuring
- Secured lending
I consider myself an “all-rounder”, experienced in all areas of commercial property but with particular expertise in the areas listed above. Clients can therefore rest assured that no matter what their transaction involves I will have the experience required to advise them on it in a commercial, pragmatic and knowledgeable way.
I have several years post-qualification experience, gained during the boom years of the last decade, the less benign market conditions which prevailed between 2008 and 2012 and the transition to the current and developing economic recovery which has taken hold since. My time in practise has covered the full spectrum of the economic cycle making me a well-rounded advisor.
I have excellent working relationships with many commercial property professionals including a wide range of lenders, agents and building surveyors which means clients can benefit from the business networking opportunities this offers.
- To date I have overseen circa £100M of residential development acquisitions.
- I was a key member of the team who advised the administrators of one of the UK’s largest property investment companies on the 2009 sale of its portfolio of 221 freehold properties to a leading fund for a price exceeding £600M – making it one of the largest property transactions in the UK during the recession.
- I was the principal property lawyer providing corporate support work on the 2007 sale of the entire issued and unissued share capital of a fully listed plc house builder in a deal which had a total enterprise value in excess of £170M.
- Member of The Law Society
My top tip: Avoid making hasty decisions when you don’t have to. Get a good night’s sleep and see if you still feel the same way in the morning.