Our Legal Team
Lasting powers of Attorney
Probate and Estate Admin
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Applications for Lasting Power of Attorney and Deputyships
As a trainee Solicitor I work closely with the Head of Department to gain practical experience in various aspects of Tax, Trusts and Estates.
I work to find solutions that are tailored to you, to best secure any requests you may have, in a practical, efficient, confident and considerate manner.
This could be in relation to planning for yourself and loved ones by way of a Will, or for future or unexpected capacity issues with Lasting Power of Attorneys and Deputyship orders. Or, in the administration of an estate, when I always explain the procedures involved and try and ease the burden when a loved one has passed away.
- With a property protection and discretionary Will trust, I helped a client protect a child’s inheritance and create a source of income for them, whilst protecting the partners ability to live in their main residence, to reduce the worry of the clients partner being forced out of the property in the event of the clients death
- Successfully applied for a court order to allow my client to sell a property that had previously been prevented from being sold by an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) and use the proceeds to care for a mentally incapacitated relative
- Utilise a Deed of Variation so that a beneficiary could successfully pass on an inheritance to their own children and minimise the effects for their own tax planning and succession issues
Professional member of the Junior Lawyers Division and Manchester Trainee Solicitors Group
My top tip is Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney are the best ways of ensuring your voice is still heard when you are no longer able to use your own