Our Legal Team
Lasting powers of Attorney
Probate and Estate Admin
- Probate and Estate Administration
- Applications for Lasting Power of Attorney and Deputyships
As a Solicitor in Tax, Trusts and Estates Department
I qualified as a Solicitor in 2018 and have specialised in private client work covering wills, probate, trusts, tax, lasting powers of attorney and Court of Protection deputyship work. During my training contract and since qualifying, I have developed particular skills in these areas.
I am currently training to become a member of the specialist private client organisation, the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
I like to work closely with my clients and helping at what is often a difficult time in their lives.
I work to find solutions that are tailored to each client, to best secure any requests they may have, in a practical, efficient, confident and considerate manner.
This could be in relation to planning for them and loved ones by way of a will, or for future or unexpected capacity issues with Lasting Power of Attorneys and Deputyship orders. Or, in the administration of an estate, when I always explain the procedures involved and try and ease the burden when a loved one has passed away.
- With a property protection and discretionary Will trust, I helped a client protect a child’s inheritance and create a source of income for them, whilst protecting the partners ability to live in their main residence, to reduce the worry of the clients partner being forced out of the property in the event of the clients death
- Successfully applied for a court order to allow my client to sell a property that had previously been prevented from being sold by an Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) and use the proceeds to care for a mentally incapacitated relative
- Utilise a Deed of Variation so that a beneficiary could successfully pass on an inheritance to their own children and minimise the effects for their own tax planning and succession issues
My top tip
Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney are the best ways of ensuring your voice is still heard when you are no longer able to use your own